Posing Bootcamp – June 2018
Join me in a private group where we’ll work together to polish your posing skills. I’ll give you feedback on posing YOUR subjects, plus ASSIGNMENTS to help you bring your vision to life. I’ll be using some of MY images to help you find that Ah-ha moment that will transform your images to Works of Art! Let me be the voice in your ear that guides you to be the best you can be. Let’s get it in gear and get this BOOTCAMP started!
Every Monday I will introduce a new topic for the week. Every Tuesday I will be supplying a video in which I discuss THREE of MY images, and explain how and why I positioned the subjects as I did. I will give you instruction on posing your subject in order to bring out their best and bring their story to life. You will also be given an assignment for the week.
On Friday, you will submit your assignments. On Sunday, I will record a video in which I will spend up to an hour critiquing the images which you have submitted as assigned. I will also engage in the group daily and help guide you throughout the process.
- Week 1: June 4 – 8…………………..Topic: Single Subjects
- Week 2: June 11 – 15………………….Topic: Group of Children
- Week 3: June 18 – 22…………………Topic: Maternity
- Week 4: June 25 – 29…………………Topic: Family
Please be aware that not EVERYONE will have the opportunity to have their images chosen or reviewed, however, this is an AMAZING opportunity to learn from each other.
You will receive LIFETIME ACCESS to ALL of the Videos in this course.
There is NO requirement that you post images or that you participate in the discussions. You are free to just read the threads and enjoy the videos. We all learn at our own pace and in our own way. You can watch and follow along silently, if that is your preference.
The link to join the group will be available on the course page once you purchase the workshop. You will have to provide your email address AND invoice number in order to join the Bootcamp Group! You will be approved individually, shortly BEFORE the bootcamp begins.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and we will help you. Do not post on Facebook or PM us there. We do NOT check Facebook PMs.
10 Reviews for Posing Bootcamp – June 2018
“This was an amazing experience! Thank you so much Meg and team.”
— RACHELLE S.
“Can I say I LOVED junes boot camp??? YES! Do I now get more aggravated when shooting ??? DOUBLE YES! Can you grow without hard work??? Ummmmm, NO... YOU NEED BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!!!! I'm a hands on learner and online courses help but THIS way of teaching it has opened up my eyes to things I never saw before and THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THIS COURSE , thanks Meg <3”
— STARLIN H.
“I learned sooo much from Meg through Posing Bootcamp! She has helped me be more aware of people placement, hands and the little details! You are the best teacher, Meg!!!!”
— KRISTI B.
“This is my second time doing the Posing Bootcamp! I'm so glad I participated instead of just watching the videos like I normally would. I feel like I learned even more when Meg talked about my images and watching what she mentions about others images! It's been a wonderful learning experience, and I will not forget a lot of tips she goes over, they are embedded in my mind and I'm slowing down to think more instead of just snapping and not looking for details! This is a must have :) Thank you so much Meg, you're amazing! :D”
— NIKKI L.
“We are on our 3rd week out of a 4 week course.
The process goes as follows: You get an assignment video each week sometime around the beginning of the week which covers poses that Meg has done as she critiques her own work. She will show good examples and not so good examples. Sometime between Fri-Sat of each week an album will appear that you upload ONE image to for possible critique. There is a deadline for uploading your image to be critiqued and then sometime the following week you will see the critique video, and hopefully your image will be in it. You are allowed to post multiple images in the FB group of the weekly theme and all interactions outside of the video/critique album are of other participants.
1. If you are new to posing this is a very useful workshop between the workbook Meg provides and the information covered in the critiques.
2. As with any of the workshops that show other people's work you can learn a lot seeing other photographer's work
3. Most of the images put in the critique folder get critiqued and there is an abundance of similar "oops" moments to go through that you can learn from in other people's images as well as your own.
1. The Weekly Assignment Video's were recorded quite awhile ago; they are not new and cover instead older images that Meg has done. They are the same video you will see from any past bootcamp as well.
2. The Main source of information seems to be the workbook Meg put together.
3. Time. The first week we didn't get the critique video until 5 days in. The second week was not as bad but still a few days in. This is not a fast turnaround, and video's (critique or weekly assignment) are not posted at the same day/time every week.
4. Critique videos can start out great but often by the end it feels like a "Have to do this" vs "enjoy doing this". I believe this would be much better suited, if it feels tedious, to pick about half the number of images to critique and then go into better detail on each.
As a new photographer this would be a 5 Star rating, however as a seasoned Photographer I would suggest debating what you hope to learn that isn't already in another workshop.”
— ALONNA A.
“The way Meg dissects each of her images and explains what works, what doesn’t, and why is thorough, precise, and to the point. This is definitely a must have if you want to learn posing techniques and what is most flattering.”
— ELIZABETH H.
“I am totally enjoying this bootcamp, the advice from Meg in the critique section is really helpful because it actually related to my image and not just a generic image. I love Meg's no nonsense attitude. Meg's method of teaching is brilliant and I have already learned so much with just two weeks in.”
— VALERIE H.
“I love it! I love the way Meg explains why a pose is favorable or not in detail. It makes for an exceptional learning experience. I’m learning so much. If you can get into a course with this type of hands on learning, do so! You won’t be disappointed!”
— KASLO G.
“I love it. It has already helped me tremendously with posing and we are just starting week 2.”
— SHANTE T.
“So excited to gain more knowledge from Meg on posing. She explains everything so clearly and to the point which makes it so easy to understand.”
— TINA C.