Will you be joining me on the adventure of a lifetime?
I would like to invite you to join me in a special travel opportunity. On May 9th and 10th I will be leading a shooting working in Italy — at the amazing Ceconi Castle in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region of Italy.
We know this striking venue will take the instruction and shooting to another level and we’re so looking forward to sharing it with you all.
While the details of the workshop schedule are still being put together, Meg and the team are ecstatic to be shooting at Castle Ceconi. Primarily a shooting workshop, the picturesque backdrops and available models will ensure your images will tell a story worthy of an Italian fairy-tale.
- Meeting each day from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm, the workshop hours are scheduled to take advantage of the stunning sunset and the gloaming afterwards.
- This is primarily a hands on shooting workshop with some class time as well.
- There will be a collection of models to individually style and pose yourself.
- The backdrop of the Castle and the grounds make for an unforgettable backdrop.
Count Ceconi Castle is and operated by Graphistudio. This beautiful neo-gothic castle enjoys a unique location, in the heart of the forest of the same name, surrounded by a breathtaking alpine scenery. Leaving the noise of everyday life and inspired by the wild nature of Friuli, like-minded photographers can learn from the market leaders, share their knowledge and create networks with colleagues.
Thanks to a broadband connection and the most advanced audio-visual technology, the Count Ceconi Castle is the diamond point of the Graphistudio educational program, under the banner of Accademia of Photography Conte Ceconi.
The Marco Polo Airport in Venice is the airport you want to fly into – http://www.veniceairport.it/en/
Be mindful of the local time zone. For example, if you’re flying in from the U.S. you’ll likely leave on one day and arrive in Italy the next day.
When booking your flight be mindful of layovers as some flight itineraries may contain many more layovers than you may find comfortable.
- Tuesday, May 8th – Regardless when you arrive in Italy, you’ll want to make sure you’re checking into your hotel in preparation for the workshop tomorrow. We will have a shuttle bus leaving the Venice airport at 5:00 pm for transport up to Maniago. This will give you plenty of time to have dinner and get a good night’s sleep.
- Wednesday, May 9th – Workshop Day 1 – Shuttle Bus departs Maniago at 11:30 AM for the Castle.
- Thursday, May 10th – Workshop Day 2 – Graphistudio tour in the morning (with more details to come), Shuttle Bus departs for the Castle directly after tour.
- Friday, May 11th – There will be a shuttle bus leaving Maniago for Venice airport at 12:00 pm.
Accommodations and Getting to and from Castle Ceconi
Castle Ceconi, the workshop location, is about an hour drive time from Maniago. While it’s not all that far away distance wise, it is on small Italian roads through a number of villages. A picturesque and windy drive at times.
We have negotiated hotel discounts with a few places within the village of Maniago. You are not required to stay with them — or even in Maniago, for that matter. You are free to stay wherever you wish during the event.
However, please note the following: We will have a daily shuttle bus picking up at 11:30 AM and dropping around 10:00 pm off both days in Maniago. The shuttle bus location is easy walking distance from all of the recommended hotels.
If prefer to rent a car and would like to drive up to the Castle, no problem, there is plenty of parking.